Through theater, storytelling, music, visual arts, digital media and other creative facilitation techniques, ArtCorps Artists educate and inspire people to participate actively in improving their environmental, health and social conditions.
Each ArtCorps Artist works directly with a local development organization that is an expert in its field, training their field staff and community members and leaders in our Art for Social Action methodology.
- A stipend of $500/month for living expenses
- Medical insurance
- A budget for project materials
- Training in Art for Social Action
- Technical assistance and support from ArtCorps staff in the region
In addition, ArtCorps provides fundraising materials to help ArtCorps Artists cover the costs for which they are responsible (roundtrip travel to project site, visa fees, other personal expenses and a deposit).
- Training in theater and/or radio broadcasting and/or other artistic discipline (skills in multiple artistic media preferred)
- Community development and group facilitation experience
- Ability to document projects and contribute to the development of new tools and strategies through reports, blog posts, photos and recordings
- Spanish fluency (native Spanish speaker with English fluency preferred)
We are not accepting applications at this time. Please stay tuned through our homepage, newsletter and Facebook for updates about available positions.