- Available to work full-time with one of our partner organizations in Central America for a period of twelve months
- Spanish fluency (native speaker preferred)
- Artistic training in any media
- Community development and group facilitation experience
- Leadership skills
- Group facilitation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creativity and organization
- Be passionate and committed to Art for Social Action
- Communicate clearly in the national language (Spanish or English) with your partner organization and community
- Creatively inspire community participation, leadership and development
- Facilitate the use of arts-based techniques in your partner organization’s work
- Build sustainability into the design of all of your projects, using locally available resources, transferring knowledge to local leaders
- Adapt to the local people, culture and community while sensitively offering new ideas for collaboration
- Resolve personal and professional conflicts with grace and openness
- Document your work through an annual plan, online projects, blog posts, photos, video, evaluation, etc.
- Your roundtrip travel
- A refundable deposit to reserve your place in the program. The amount is calculated based upon your country of origin:
- For artists from the US, Canada, Europe and Australia, the deposit is $1,000 USD.
- For artists from Latin America, the deposit is $500 USD.
- For artists from Central America, the deposit is $250 USD.
- Personal expenses ($1,500 minimum) during the program such as:
- Communication with your friends and family at home
- A residence permit or trips out of the country every three months to renew your visa
- Food to supplement basic meals
- An emergency reserve
*ArtCorps provides fundraising materials to help ArtCorps Artists cover the costs for which they are responsible.
Application Instructions and Deadlines