Call for Artists 2015
ArtCorps is inviting artists from around the world to join us in our work at the intersection of art and social change through this year’s Artist in Residence opportunity. We are seeking candidates to accompany ArtCorps’ Creative Conservation project in the Gulf of Honduras. The selected artist will support ArtCorps’ partnership with four conservation organizations, working together to protect the unique marine and coastal ecosystems in Belize and Guatemala with new approaches informed by creativity.
• Project Description Selected artists will support ArtCorps’ Creative Conservation Project in the Gulf of Honduras. Working in close collaboration with ArtCorps Field Staff, selected artists will support local conservation organizations - who have completed our Creative Leadership training - in the design and implementation of community arts projects that help to advance their goals around conservation and community engagement. The volunteer resident artist will collaboratively undertake community arts projects that furthers this training, engages and enriches the community and creatively supports conservation efforts in the region.
• Location Punta Gorda, Belize and Livingston, Guatemala – Central America • Project Timeline This is a three to six month residency.
• Budget ArtCorps will fund art material expenses and provide a token stipend to support local cost of living. The selected artist will arrange for their own travel and should plan accordingly.
Artist Eligibility ArtCorps uses a curatorial process to select the Artist in Residence. We are looking for artists from all different disciplines (such as music, theater, dance, public art, video, digital media, visual arts, sculpture, photography) to engage their skills in the context of our Creative Conservation program. Practices that include collaboration and community engagement and that address environmental conservation issues (such as climate change, marine and terrestrial conservation, off shore oil, endangered species, and sustainable community development, among others) are ideal.
BENEFITS OF THIS ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
♦ A unique opportunity to make a lasting, positive impact through your artwork
♦ Living and working in beautiful, peaceful, multi-cultural Caribbean towns like Placencia, Punta Gorda, and Sarteneja in Belize and Livingston in Guatemala
♦ Being part of a friendly, dynamic team of committed individuals leading Belizean and Guatemalan conservation NGO’s in creative strategies and an arts-based methodology
♦ Adventuring through one of the most beautiful ecological jewels on the planet
♦ Visiting amazing protected areas managed by ArtCorps’ partner organizations
♦ Growth and appreciation for your dedication and hard work
♦ Receiving an ArtCorps recommendation letter acknowledging your work and contribution
HOW TO APPLY
• Application To apply, please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com.
• Deadline EXTENDED! Apply by Saturday, May 29, 2015.
• Submission Address Submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 240 County Road, Ipswich MA 01938 by the application deadline.
• Selection Process Following the application and portfolio reviews, shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange a Skype interview.
Learn More >>